The National Capital Tartan Day Committee
invites you to attend:
National Tartan Day Reception
Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
7:00 – 9:00 PM
Location: The Lyceum
201 S. Washington Street
Alexandria, VA, 22314
Speakers to include:
- Chris Thomson, Scottish Affairs Counsellor USA, Head of Scottish Government Affiars USA
- Congressman Dan Beyer (D-VA), a proud Scottish-American who represents Alexandria in the Congress
- Former Congressman Mike McIntyre, founding Co-Chairman, House Friends of Scotland Caucus
- Andrew Morrison, Viscount Dunrossil, British Honorary Consul General, San Antonio, TX;
- Bob Currie, Chairman, Tartan Day on Ellis Island;
- and more.
Presentation of Annual National Tartan Day Award
by the Scottish Coalition, USA
to Robert “Bob” Currie
by Camilla Hellman, President American-Scottish Foundation
and John King Bellassai, President Council of Scottish Clans and Associations.
Color Guard, flags and anthems. Scottish entertainers–City of Alexandria Pipe band; Peter Walker, fiddler; Scottish country dancers.
Refreshments–beer, wine and soft drinks; light hors d’ouvres and desserts. Scotch tasting.
Cost per person: $20.
Tickets for both the Reception
and National Tartan Day Symposium $30
RSVP and payment in advance required
(PayPal, check or credit card).
No tickets sold at the door; no cash taken at the door.